Two more protocols for reviews are now available on the Cochrane Library
The first one is:-
El-Angbawi A, McIntyre GT, Bearn DR, Fleming PS. Non-surgical adjunctive interventions for accelerating tooth movement in patients undergoing fixed orthodontic treatment (Protocol). Cochrane Database of Systematic Reviews 2013, Issue 12. Art. No.: CD010887. DOI: 10.1002/14651858.CD010887.
The aim is to assess the effect of non-surgical adjunctive interventions for accelerating tooth movement on the rate of tooth movement and duration of orthodontic treatment.
These adjunctive measure include:-
- Low energy laser radiation directed to the mucosa of the targeted teeth.
- Intermittent resonance vibration using an electrical appliance fitted into the orthodontic appliance or the teeth.
- Pulsed electromagnetic waves using integrated circuits placed in an oral appliance.
- Chewing gum or muscle exercise.
- Pharmacological methods.
- Novel methods as they are described by authors.
The second protocol is:-
Brennan MM, Hallas D, Jacobs SK, Robbins M, Northridge M. Home-use whitening toothpastes for whitening teeth in adults (Protocol). Cochrane Database of Systematic Reviews 2014, Issue 1. Art. No.: CD010934. DOI: 10.1002/14651858.CD010934.
With the increasing availability of home whitening toothpastes the aim of this review will be to To assess the beneficial and adverse effects of home-use whitening toothpastes with an abrasive or chemical action or both, in the prevention and removal of extrinsic dental stains in adults.