We are looking for a group of people to join our Beyond the Room team. This is a paid opportunity open to researchers, practitioners and people with lived experience.
The Mental Elf team report live from mental health conferences, workshops and all sorts of other in-person and online events. We bring our huge social media audience to meetings so that a diverse range of people can join the conversations around mental health and research.
It’s a great way to disseminate new knowledge to the people who need it most, but also to ensure that the conversations about mental health science include all of the right people.
Here’s what we’re looking for:
- Mental health knowledge – this might be lived experience, clinical knowledge or research skills. You don’t have to have studied mental health.
- An interest in mental health research – this might be reading research papers or a role participating in or doing research. We want people who share our commitment to accessible, usable and reliable evidence about mental health care, but you don’t have to have written papers.
- Social media skills – we need people who are experienced at using Twitter, and keen to become elves. You don’t have to have pointy ears or winkle-pickers with bells on.
- Confident communicators – our team members will be able to work independently to cover smaller events, as well as joining teams at bigger conferences.
What we’ll do
This is how it will work:
- Training and support – we will meet as a team to train you in live tweeting and support you before, during and after the events you cover.
- Assigning projects – we will contact the team regularly to ask who is available to cover forthcoming events. Some will be online and others in-person. We will select the best people to cover events, based on subject knowledge and experience. Each event will have a back-up person assigned, just in case you have to drop out at the last minute.
- Pay and expenses – we will pay you for the time you work and pay any travel and accommodation costs.
Would you like to become a member of our Beyond the Room team?