iPhone users can now get daily Mental Elf updates on their phone. Visit the Apple Store now to download the app. It’s available at a special introductory price of £0.69 for the next few weeks, so get it now!
iPhone app features
- Up to the minute alerts of the latest Mental Elf blogs, so you get to read our daily updates the second they are published
- A feature that allows you to save your favourite blogs to a list
- A note-taking feature that allows you to add your own private comments to a blog
- A sharing feature that allows you to email a blog (and your comments) to your friends and colleagues
- A complete archive of the hundreds of Mental Elf blogs covering all of mental health
- A neat search feature
We recently ran a survey on the Mental Elf to find out what the readers want from the site. Thanks to everyone who helped with that (we got over 300 responses, which was great).
Here’s what you told us:
- Most people use the email newsletter to keep up to date
- You rated the ‘ease of use’, ‘writing style’, ‘design’ and ‘subject coverage’ all ‘good’ to ‘excellent’
- You liked the sound of these new features:
- Guest blogs from leading experts
- Tools that allow you to link the Mental Elf to your CPD (continuing professional development)
- Mobile apps for iPhone and Android
We’re delighted that the Mental Elf received such positive feedback from our readers and we’ve started responding to your ideas about new features.
We intend to publish regular guest blogs written by experts from around the world. There are two on the site already, so please have a read and let us know what you think:
- Does self-help treatment for anxiety disorders work?
- Can vitamin D supplementation help relieve the symptoms of depression?
We are working on ideas for CPD tools and hope to have something to share with you in the not too distant future.
iPhone users can download the Mental Elf app now! It’s available at a reduced price of £0.69 for a limited period only, so please get it now to avoid crushing disappointment.
The Android app is in development and we hope to make it available over the Summer. We’ll announce it here when it’s ready.